Merton's Children's Trust Board brings together agencies with responsibilities for delivering services to children and young people in the borough and aims to improve outcomes through a whole-system and cross-agency approach.
The Board's main objective is to ensure that effective multi-agency working is in place at a strategic level across children's services and that the voice of children, young people and their families contribute to these provisions and decision-making.
Merton's Children's Trust Board will:
- Set a shared vision for children and young people in the borough and develop and deliver the Children and Young People's Plan
- Agree priorities, address barriers to meeting priorities, identify local needs and drive integrated working where necessary to improve outcomes
- Promote the involvement of children, young people, parents and carers in partnership working
- Ensure other associated forums such as the Health and Wellbeing Board, and the Safer Merton Board are sighted on its work and progress.
The Children's Trust Board remit includes all children and young people in Merton from pre-birth up to the age of 25. Meetings will take place quarterly and an annual forward plan maintained to support the Board's overall strategic direction, provide clear oversight of developments across the system and enable escalation of key issues as appropriate.
Terms of reference
Future meeting dates
- Wednesday 29th April 2020
- Monday 6th July 2020
- Wednesday 7th October 2020
- Wednesday 20th January 2021
Past meeting minutes
Telephone: 020 8545 3867