Partners will work together with our communities to deliver 8 priorities. Our one overarching aim is to increase social capital, by fostering social networks that support and unite us, and enrich our lives.
[The sound track of this video is music only. The text on the screen is as follows.]
Merton Council together with the Merton Partnership present "The Community Plan for Merton 2020-2026: Let's Get Together".
Partners will work together with our communities to deliver 8 priorities.
- Priority 1: Reducing carbon emissions to tackle climate change
- Priority 2: Protecting and enhancing the local environment
- Priority 3: Tackling diabetes and creating a healthy place
- Priority 4: Creating healthy workplaces across Merton
- Priority 5: Reducing serious violence
- Priority 6: Enforcing action against anti-social behaviour
- Priority 7: Getting involved and having a say – promoting the voice of children and young people
- Priority 8: Making Merton a place where children and young people feel they belong and thrive
One overarching aim: to increase social capital, by fostering social networks that support and enrich our lives, that bind us and unite us as one place, together.
Which is what happened when Merton communities responded to the COVID-19 pandemic together.
There are many ways to get involved... https://www.mertonpartnership.org.uk/ https://www.mvsc.co.uk/volunteering
For a more social Merton. For a place to call home.
The Community Plan
Our priorities for action
Download the Community Plan
The information in the PDF is the same as on the pages above.